Quantitative
This questionnaire was created on Survey Monkey and sent to people mainly through Facebook. It was designed in two languages: English and Polish for further reach. I made 7 closed answers of which one was of a multiple choice. They include: gender, age, gamer type, if they played GTA V, platforms, rating, favourite protagonist.
As on my facebook page I didn't receive many responses, I shared the link to the survey in the group I participate in. I drew a picture to catch attention of the people who may recognise the character.
Results:
The majority of people who answered the survey were women, because the group I posted it in consisted mostly of them (and I received 16 answers from this group). The group also mostly had young people, and their main shared interest was drawing, not necessarily games.
The gender however, didn't affect greatly the amount of casual nor hardcore gamers; exactly half of male respondents are casual gamers and sliughtly over a half (10) of females are casual gamers, and just two don't play games at all.
Only one of male (casual gamer) and 10 of female (mostly casual gamers and of course non gamers, but also 3 hardcore gamers) respondents stated that they haven't played GTA V. It shows that males, despite the time they spend playing games, are interested in GTA title, whereas the same game doesn't persuade females to play it.
Based on age, 4 people (all females) played the game even though they are 17 or less, one of them was even aged 12 or less. What is means that despite the obvious age restrictions, people aren't resigned and still play the game.
All the age groups (or at least all which have been chosen) play GTA V and enjoy it. Only one person didn't, and from the rest who did, there were individuals (both male and female, casuals or hardcore) who think it's great. Even two of the people who didn't play the game (male and female) think that the game is good.
I made the question 5 wrong, since I didn't include the answer 'none' for people who haven't played it. I had to look through the results and substracted the numbers from respondents who haven't play it. Even with half of the number taken away, PC was still the most popular choice of a platform. Xbox 360 was the second most popular followed by Xbox One/PS 3 and PS4 was at the very end. Additionally few people played it on more than one platform.
In the last question regarding the favourite protagonist, majority of people didn't choose their personal favourite, but no one stated that all of them are bad. It suggests that they either didn't play the game or they like few of them, or maybe didn't play enough to make a decision. The only male respondent that didn't play the game, did have his favourite - Franklin.
+++ Additionally I believe the reason I got so many answers is because of the effectiveness of the picture I drew.
+++ Additionally I believe the reason I got so many answers is because of the effectiveness of the picture I drew.
Qualitative
I created this questionnaire as a Microsoft Office Word document, to make it easier to handle to different people. Apart of the usual male/female question I added 5 other, open questions. There is a picture on how it looks. I also signed it but that was after posting the image here.
This one was also presented to the group, since I couldn't receive all female responses face-to-face. For this one I drew a picture as well.
Results:
Female
1. The graphics in the PC version of the game look beautiful in comparison to other versions of the game and really adds to the realism of the city.
2. I quite like the gun play in the game and how fun it is to shoot down enemies and cause chaos in the city. Driving around the open world is fun too.
3. Honestly, I can't really answer this question, I actually played a family member's copy of the game and never had a chance to look at the story. I quite like the fact different characters have different abilities.
4. I have not played GTA V online, unfortunately.
5. Again, I can't really answer this question as I have not looked at the game closely enough, however, from whom I have seen from other people who have played the game, GTA online could be less grindy.
Female
1. I like it because the graphics is rather realistic and much better than in previous games, while the atmosphere itself suits me. I love the graphics which also focuses on details, such as facial expressions or normal folds on clothes.
2. I really like the size of the world we play in and its terrains, eg. high mountains, dense forests, lakes. There is less limitations comparing to previous games. I also like the additions like 'hiding' before police, or the area itself in which police sees us and in which we are unseen.
3. My favourite character is Trevor. Older man, who doesn't care of himself, is addicted to drugs and is a psychopath. Those traits cause you to want to play as him. He isn't just another grey character in the game.
4. No, I don't play GTA V on multiplayer.
5. Only thing that annoys me is a fact that after riding down a steep hill on a bicycle you are alright, even when you do somersaults and bump on trees, but if you jump off a high rock you can break your neck and that if your character can also get hurt while jumping on some nonsense objects like rubbish bin or a trolley.
(Polish Version)
1. Podobają mi się, ponieważ grafika jest dość realistyczna, i dużo lepsza niż w poprzednich częściach gry, natomiast sam klimat gry mi odpowiada. Uwielbiam grafikę, która skupia się również na szczegółach, takich jak mimika twarzy czy zwykłe zagniecenia ubrania.
2. Bardzo podoba mi się wielkość świata w którym gramy, jego tereny np. Wysokie góry, gęste lasy, jeziora. Jest dużo mniejsza ograniczenie w porównaniu do poprzednich części. Podobają mi się także dodatki typu "ukrywanie" przed policją, czy sam obszar w jakim policja nas widzi, a w jakim jesteśmy niewidoczni.
3.Moją ulubioną postacią jest Trevor. Starszy mężczyzna, który nie dba o siebie, jest uzależniony od narkotyków i jest psychopatą. Te cechy sprawiają, że chce się nim grać. Nie jest kolejną szarą postacią w grze.
4. Nie, nie gram w gta 5 na multiplayer.
5. Jedynie co mnie denerwuje, to fakt, ze po zjechaniu ze stromej gory na rowerze, nic ci nie jest, nawet jak robisz salta i obijasz sie o drzewa, a jak zeskoczysz z wyzszej skaly to mozesz sobie skrecic kark oraz to, ze postac skaczac na jakies bezsensowne rzeczy typu smietnik, czy wozek na zakupy, takze potrafi sobie cos zrobic.
1. Podobają mi się, ponieważ grafika jest dość realistyczna, i dużo lepsza niż w poprzednich częściach gry, natomiast sam klimat gry mi odpowiada. Uwielbiam grafikę, która skupia się również na szczegółach, takich jak mimika twarzy czy zwykłe zagniecenia ubrania.
2. Bardzo podoba mi się wielkość świata w którym gramy, jego tereny np. Wysokie góry, gęste lasy, jeziora. Jest dużo mniejsza ograniczenie w porównaniu do poprzednich części. Podobają mi się także dodatki typu "ukrywanie" przed policją, czy sam obszar w jakim policja nas widzi, a w jakim jesteśmy niewidoczni.
3.Moją ulubioną postacią jest Trevor. Starszy mężczyzna, który nie dba o siebie, jest uzależniony od narkotyków i jest psychopatą. Te cechy sprawiają, że chce się nim grać. Nie jest kolejną szarą postacią w grze.
4. Nie, nie gram w gta 5 na multiplayer.
5. Jedynie co mnie denerwuje, to fakt, ze po zjechaniu ze stromej gory na rowerze, nic ci nie jest, nawet jak robisz salta i obijasz sie o drzewa, a jak zeskoczysz z wyzszej skaly to mozesz sobie skrecic kark oraz to, ze postac skaczac na jakies bezsensowne rzeczy typu smietnik, czy wozek na zakupy, takze potrafi sobie cos zrobic.
Female
1. Generally I prefer flat 2D games in some cool style, or even cartoonish 3D games like Team Fortress 2, from those attempting to imitate realism, so the graphics haven't astonished me. It's just a well-made 3D graphics, nothing what could anyhow charm or stay in memory. Regarding the projects of localisations/settings, they are quite nice, but again not very interesting just like in real life.
2. Running across the completely open world is the biggest advantage of 3D games. Running and punching random NPC of course. Climbing onto high places, falling off them and other funny games. Quests or a story didn't impress me, because I'm not interested in gangsta themes.
3. It's hard to tell, because I only played as Franklin and completed few first quests, but I like protagonists from a drawer of ill-balanced characters, so maybe if I'd devoted more time to the game, I'd like Trevor.
4. I haven't played myself, but I sometimes 'watched' game plays and I seen some from GTA multiplayer. It seems to be fun if you have to play with anybody, this spreading turmoil in the city with friends, but without a real spread of turmoil in the real city. I haven't notice flaws, however there is a lot of advantages, such as these 'mini games' in which you can somehow compete with friends, quite large ability of customisation of the character or a car, ability of having a house and inviting friends etc. - those small things making this game similar to Sims.
5. Always in open world games I'm frustrated because of too little interesting buildings to which you can enter, not necessarily do anything, but just go in, so I would add more of such buildings. As for the rest I don't know, it's simply not my type of games, so I would probably change it into another.
(Polish Version)
1. Generalnie wolę płaskie gry 2d w jakimś fajnym stylu, lub nawet kartunowe 3D jak Team Forteress 2, od tych usiłujących udawać rzeczywistość, więc grafika mnie nie powaliła. Jest po prostu dobrze zrobioną grafiką 3d, nic co mogłoby jakkolwiek urzekać czy zostawać w pamięci. Jeśli chodzi o projekty lokacji to są spoko, całkiem ładne, ale znowuż niezbyt ciekawe, bo po prostu takie jak w życiu.
2. Bieganie po całkowicie otwartym świecie, to dla mnie największy atut gier 3d. Bieganie i bicie losowych NPC oczywiście. Wchodzenie w wysokie miejsca i spadanie z nich i inne śmieszne zabawy. Questy czy fabuła w ogóle mnie nie porwały, bo nie kręcą mnie gangsterskie klimaty.
3. Ciężko mi powiedzieć, bo sama grałam tylko Franklinem jako że wypełniłam jedynie kilka pierwszych questów, ale lubię bohaterów z szuflady z niezrównoważonymi postaciami, więc pewnie gdybym poświęciła grze więcej czasu to lubiłabym Trevora.
4. Nie grałam, ale czasem ,,oglądam" game playe i widziałam kilka z multiplayera GTA. Wydaje się fajną zabawą jeśli ma się z kim grać, takie sianie zamieszania na mieście z kolegami, tylko bez faktycznego siania zamieszania w prawdziwym mieście. Nie dopatrzyłam się wad, natomiast z zalet jest oczywiście dużo ,,mini gier" w których można jakoś rywalizować z tymi kolegami, całkiem duża możliwość personalizacji postaci czy samochodu, możliwość posiadania mieszkania i zapraszania tam tych kolegów i tak dalej, takie małe rzeczy które robią z tej gry prawie, że Simsy.
5. Zawsze w grach z otwartym światem frustruje mnie zbyt mała ilość ciekawych budynków, do których można wejść i pozwiedzać, nawet nie koniecznie zrobić cokolwiek, ale po prostu wejść, więc na pewno dodałabym więcej takich budynków. Co do reszty to nie wiem, to po porostu nie jest mój typ gier, więc pewnie zamieniłabym grę na inną.
1. Generalnie wolę płaskie gry 2d w jakimś fajnym stylu, lub nawet kartunowe 3D jak Team Forteress 2, od tych usiłujących udawać rzeczywistość, więc grafika mnie nie powaliła. Jest po prostu dobrze zrobioną grafiką 3d, nic co mogłoby jakkolwiek urzekać czy zostawać w pamięci. Jeśli chodzi o projekty lokacji to są spoko, całkiem ładne, ale znowuż niezbyt ciekawe, bo po prostu takie jak w życiu.
2. Bieganie po całkowicie otwartym świecie, to dla mnie największy atut gier 3d. Bieganie i bicie losowych NPC oczywiście. Wchodzenie w wysokie miejsca i spadanie z nich i inne śmieszne zabawy. Questy czy fabuła w ogóle mnie nie porwały, bo nie kręcą mnie gangsterskie klimaty.
3. Ciężko mi powiedzieć, bo sama grałam tylko Franklinem jako że wypełniłam jedynie kilka pierwszych questów, ale lubię bohaterów z szuflady z niezrównoważonymi postaciami, więc pewnie gdybym poświęciła grze więcej czasu to lubiłabym Trevora.
4. Nie grałam, ale czasem ,,oglądam" game playe i widziałam kilka z multiplayera GTA. Wydaje się fajną zabawą jeśli ma się z kim grać, takie sianie zamieszania na mieście z kolegami, tylko bez faktycznego siania zamieszania w prawdziwym mieście. Nie dopatrzyłam się wad, natomiast z zalet jest oczywiście dużo ,,mini gier" w których można jakoś rywalizować z tymi kolegami, całkiem duża możliwość personalizacji postaci czy samochodu, możliwość posiadania mieszkania i zapraszania tam tych kolegów i tak dalej, takie małe rzeczy które robią z tej gry prawie, że Simsy.
5. Zawsze w grach z otwartym światem frustruje mnie zbyt mała ilość ciekawych budynków, do których można wejść i pozwiedzać, nawet nie koniecznie zrobić cokolwiek, ale po prostu wejść, więc na pewno dodałabym więcej takich budynków. Co do reszty to nie wiem, to po porostu nie jest mój typ gier, więc pewnie zamieniłabym grę na inną.
Male
1. Yes, the game works flawlessly with a keyboard and mouse, and controller on PC.
2. The open world and driving are my favourite parts of the game.
3. Franklin, I feel the story relies on him for the entire story.
4. I barely do, filled with people who kill you for no reason. Can hardly go anywhere.
5. Nothing.
Male
1. Yes, the atmosphere is very realistic and fits the game well.
2. I enjoy the open world most, the weapons are fun too.
3. Trevor, I feel like he has the most character and is fun to play as.
4. Nope.
5. The variety of weapons and collectables is too low for me. I would like more guns and more missions that aren't just 'go and collect' quests.
Male
1. Yes, the atmosphere is very realistic and fits the game well.
2. I enjoy the open world most, the weapons are fun too.
3. Trevor, I feel like he has the most character and is fun to play as.
4. Nope.
5. The variety of weapons and collectables is too low for me. I would like more guns and more missions that aren't just 'go and collect' quests.
Male
1. Graphics are awesome, but sometimes I'm annoyed at depikselisation of an image during some more system burdening events. The story is alright but it could be better, something is missing there.
2. I like the most the system of three playable characters and also open and nicely presented world. Thanks to the three characters system you can see the world through the eyes of another person with different personality, who feels external stimuli differently and who has their own, unique life. This system extends fun in the game by several hours, because if we get bored of one character we can play as another and so on.
3. I like Franklin the Most, somehow he appeals to me. I like to play as a black protagonist. It's nicer to play as them, that's the habit from GTA San Andreas.
4. Multiplayer is surprisingly playable, but loads for a long time. I enjoyed the most robbing banks mode in a co-op mode, but it was added much later on after the game's premiere. Furthermore I like RPG style which was used there.
5. I would improve weapons system, a bit more weapons would come in handy and ability to modify them. I am a fanatic of firearm as well as military, so I demand a lot in this aspect. I would like more weapons, maybe some G17, Mb003? Just more, because given weapons quickly bore me. More modifications. In the game there's only one each of accessories being added to weapons, eg. for AK47 you won't add an open collimator, because there is only a closed collimator. For the most ordinary pistol 9mm you won't add closed collimator, because there is no possibility of adding collimators to short weapons in GTA V as well as you can't exchange gun barrel into long one so you could shoot in long distance. Melee weapons; bludgeon, stick, knife... it's not enough. There would come in handy the entire assortment of melee, maybe some katanas, swords, shurikens, just some more.
(Polish Version)
1. Grafika jak dla mnie jest mega, lecz czasami denerwuje rozpikselowywanie się obrazu podczas jakiś więkrzych bardziej obciążających system zdarzeniach. Fabuła, niezla lecz mogla by być lepsza, czegoś mi tam brakuje.
2. Najbardziej podoba mi się system trzech postaci grywalnych, jak i otwarty zróżnicowany oraz ładnie zaprezentowany świat. Dzięki systemowi trzech postaci grywalnych można spojżeć na świat gry oczami innej postaći która ma inny charakter, inaczej odczuwa bodźce zewnętrzne, ma wlasne unikalne życie. Taki system wydłuża zabawę w grze o kilka godzin, ponieważ gdy znudzi nam się jedna postać wcielamy się w drógą, i tak w kółko.
3. Najbardziej lubie Franklina, Jakoś przypadł mi do gustu, Lubie grać Czarnoskórym protagonistą, Milej mi sie gra takimi osobami, jest to jeszcze przyzwyczajenie z Gta San Andreas.
4. Multiplayr jest zadziwiająco grywalny lecz długo się ładuje. Najbardziej podobał mi sie tryb napadów na bank w trybie współpracy, lecz takowy został dodany dużo później po premierze gry, Pozatym to lubie Styl RPG jaki został tam zastosowany.
5. Ulepszyłbym system broni, trochę więcej by się przydalo samych broni jak i możliwości ich modyfikacji. Jestem fanatykiem broni palnej jak i miltarii tak więc wymagam w tym aspekcie dużo. Przydałoby się więcej broni, może jakieś G17, Mb003 ? Poprostu więcej, z powodu iż dany oręż szybko się nudzi. Więcej modyfikacji, W grze jest tylko po jednym z akcesorii dodawanych do broni np. Do AK47 nie dodasz kolimatora otwartego ponieważ jest tylko kolimtor zamknięty, Do Najzwyklejszgo pistoletu 9mm Nie dodaszmini kolimatorka zamkniętego ponieważ niema możliwości dodawania kolimatorów do broni krótkiej w gta 5, jak i również nie da rady wymienić lufy na długą aby można było strzelać na dłuższą odleglość. Broń biala, Palka, Kij , nóż... To za mało, Przydał by się cały asortyment broni białych, jakieś katany, mieczyki, shurikeny, po prostu więcej.
1. Grafika jak dla mnie jest mega, lecz czasami denerwuje rozpikselowywanie się obrazu podczas jakiś więkrzych bardziej obciążających system zdarzeniach. Fabuła, niezla lecz mogla by być lepsza, czegoś mi tam brakuje.
2. Najbardziej podoba mi się system trzech postaci grywalnych, jak i otwarty zróżnicowany oraz ładnie zaprezentowany świat. Dzięki systemowi trzech postaci grywalnych można spojżeć na świat gry oczami innej postaći która ma inny charakter, inaczej odczuwa bodźce zewnętrzne, ma wlasne unikalne życie. Taki system wydłuża zabawę w grze o kilka godzin, ponieważ gdy znudzi nam się jedna postać wcielamy się w drógą, i tak w kółko.
3. Najbardziej lubie Franklina, Jakoś przypadł mi do gustu, Lubie grać Czarnoskórym protagonistą, Milej mi sie gra takimi osobami, jest to jeszcze przyzwyczajenie z Gta San Andreas.
4. Multiplayr jest zadziwiająco grywalny lecz długo się ładuje. Najbardziej podobał mi sie tryb napadów na bank w trybie współpracy, lecz takowy został dodany dużo później po premierze gry, Pozatym to lubie Styl RPG jaki został tam zastosowany.
5. Ulepszyłbym system broni, trochę więcej by się przydalo samych broni jak i możliwości ich modyfikacji. Jestem fanatykiem broni palnej jak i miltarii tak więc wymagam w tym aspekcie dużo. Przydałoby się więcej broni, może jakieś G17, Mb003 ? Poprostu więcej, z powodu iż dany oręż szybko się nudzi. Więcej modyfikacji, W grze jest tylko po jednym z akcesorii dodawanych do broni np. Do AK47 nie dodasz kolimatora otwartego ponieważ jest tylko kolimtor zamknięty, Do Najzwyklejszgo pistoletu 9mm Nie dodaszmini kolimatorka zamkniętego ponieważ niema możliwości dodawania kolimatorów do broni krótkiej w gta 5, jak i również nie da rady wymienić lufy na długą aby można było strzelać na dłuższą odleglość. Broń biala, Palka, Kij , nóż... To za mało, Przydał by się cały asortyment broni białych, jakieś katany, mieczyki, shurikeny, po prostu więcej.









